Using Chrome on Mac.
In the same window, then load the Math.SE home page. You should see something like this
Since MathJax is working for most of us, this is likely a configuration issue on your end. We need more information before we can troubleshoot the error.
The math symbols stopped working for me 4 days ago on Windows7/Firefox 47.0.1 (showing dollars everywhere). I observed it for 4 days.
I cleaned up my FF session few times. That didn't help. I tried
I changed my
User Agent (using
User Agent Switcher 0.7.3.1) to
iPhone, loaded the site, the site suddenly started to work. I changed the User Agent back to Default, hoping that I could reproduce the problem. But, within 3 minutes, the problem had gone away without a trace. Changing UA seem to have flushed out some configuration setting in my FF OR forced me to reach a different mirror site of mathjax. I am not sure.