There seem to be 2 conflicting ideas about community wiki Questions and answers:
They are low value questions:
- you don't earn any reputation for answering / editing
- they are difficult to find (more difficult to ordinary questions, there is no wiki tag)
- no mention of the community wiki at https://math.stackexchange.com/help
- Difficult to see why an question / Answer is awarded this status
- the questioner cannot mark what the right (or most complete) answer is
- maybe other reasons I haven't discovered
They are high value questions:
- you need a higher reputation to create or edit them.
- maybe other reasons i haven't discovered
It all seems a bit mixed up.
We should one clear answer to this question and then get the features that it deserves
So what is the purpose of community wiki?
I was planning to make some feature request about them , but i guess we first need to agree what their goal is, before we can come up with features that can improve their standing.