Well lemme just say that marking this as a duplicate is a little unfair..
But the post wasn't marked as a duplicate, so I tried to reassure him. It transpired that he sees some banner on the page that I can't see, either when logged in or not logged in:
- @Ishfaaq Your post has not been marked as a duplicate, and so far nobody has voted to mark it as a duplicate. Five votes would be required. – MJD
- @MJD: So the redirecting link at the top is just an edit?? – Ishfaaq
- I see no redirecting link. @LuizCordeiro's comment is just a comment, and I think a helpful one at that. – MJD
- @MJD One which says this question may have an answer elsewhere with a link to a previous question?? – Ishfaaq
- I don't see anything like that on this page; I have refreshed it several times. There is a link I can click to close the question, which suggests that it is not yet closed; the link normally displays the total number of close votes, if there are any, but there aren't any. – MJD
- @MJD: Okay.. But there is a label on the top of the post which says "This question may already have an answer here".. Maybe its visible just to me. Don't matter as long as the question is not marked duplicate.. – Ishfaaq
Is there some banner that is only shown to OP? What does it look like? What causes it to appear?
User127096 tried a test, and I now see a banner at the top of this question: