How does this suggested edit “change too much in the original post”? In what way would “the original meaning or intent of the post” be lost?
The question as it stands has a few problems:
- It has a title beginning with an unnecessary prefix.
- It relies on a comment, when we are constantly warned that comments are “second-class citizens” and may be removed at any time.
- It has a title which does not reflect the actual question asked: The question in the title is answered (by the comment). The actual question is about problems similar to the one in the title.
My suggested edit fixed all these problems.
- The text of the comment was incorporated into the question, using spoiler markdown. This preserves the original author’s intent of making that content available, but not immediately obvious.
- The title was rewritten to reflect the actual question asked. The unnecessary prefix was removed as part of this process.
I do not see how this edit could be seen as too radical.