The Math Community Blog is no longer active. This post now serves as historical record.
This post serves two purposes:
- It explains how the blog operates and how to contribute, and
- It answers some of the faqs about the blog.
The organization of this post is similar to the organization of the FAQ for math.stackexchange, so each faq gets a separate community wiki answer, and each answer should be included in the index.
A good place to ask questions and give suggestions for blog ideas is the dedicated blog chat room, which is monitored by the editors of the blog.
- Who "is in charge" of the blog?
- What is the publication process?
- How is the blog different than main or meta?
- What sort of content is on topic on the blog?
- Why aren't all posts published immediately?
Contributing to the Blog faqs
- Help! I logged into the blog but I can't write anything!
- I wrote an article draft. How do I get it reviewed and published?
- How long does it take for an article to be published after it's written?
- Can you walk me through my first post?
Technical help on writing articles
- How do I type math in a blog article?
- Can I convert a .tex document or MSE markdown into a wordpress article?
- What tags and categories should I use for my article?