According to my profile page, I've voted on 1100 questions and voted on 800 answers. If Q is the number of question votes I've given and A is the number of answer votes, then $Q-A=300$. What is the distribution of $Q-A$ across all users? What about looking at just upvotes?
As of March 15, 2015, Math.SE users cast
- $891443$ upvotes on questions
- $1476969$ upvotes on answers
- $52960$ downvotes on questions
- $31851$ downvotes on answers
With about 410k questions and 599k answers, the averages are:
- $2.2$ upvotes per question
- $2.5$ upvotes per answer
- $0.13$ downvotes per question
- $0.05$ downvotes per answer
Only the votes on non-deleted posts are counted above.
The averages given above mask large differences between individual voters. Back in December 2014, I compiled some statistics for the 17 users who cast at least 10000 votes by that time. The chart distinguishes question votes (blue) from answer votes (green); it includes both up and down votes.