As the title sounds, what is the difference between Mathematics Stack Exchange and Mathematics Meta?
closed as off-topic by Lord_Farin, Aloizio Macedo♦, JMP, achille hui, Did Oct 5 '15 at 19:37
- This question does not appear to be about Mathematics Stack Exchange or the software that powers the Stack Exchange network within the scope defined in the help center.
Mathematics Stack Exchange is for people studying mathematics at any level and professionals in related fields. We welcome questions about:
- Understanding mathematical concepts and theorems.
- Mathematical problems such as one might come across in a course or textbook. ...
- Solving mathematical puzzles.
- Software that mathematicians use....
The meta site, Meta Mathematics Stack Exchange, is meant for questions (and answers) about Mathematics Stack Exchange (and the underlying Stack Exchange architecture), as generally outlined in the Help Center.
Meta Mathematics Stack Exchange is the part of the site where users discuss the workings and policies of Mathematics Stack Exchange rather than discussing math itself.
(That there is a mathematical subject called metamathematics may make this somewhat confusing.)