- commentary on the question or other answers
- asking another, different question
- “thanks!” or “me too!” responses
- exact duplicates of other answers
- barely more than a link to an external site
- not even a partial answer to the actual question
There is a note added to the deleted answer: "your post was converted to a comment", but that is not true. Actually I converted the post in a comment ( the comments are now deleted). The answer is only a partial answer, and it is more a very, very strong hint than an 100% answer. It is rather short but nevertheless I think it is a good answer. So I don't understand while it is deleted.
I'm not interested in the original question nor in the deleted answer. I am only interested why it should be a comment and not an answer. I had a post on another stackexchange site were I was told that it is wrong to put partial, short answers in a comment and that one should create an answer. Are there such differences between math.stackexchange.com and dba.stackexcnage.com in definition of what is an answer and what is a comment?