I have noticed this problem, probably connected with recent change of url's of the posts from
https://math.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/. (This change was also accompanied by some edits done silently by community bot.)
Non surprisingly many posts on meta contain links to other posts. And, of course, the link was given with the URL which worked at the time. I will include here link to the question with id=1 as an example: http://meta.math.stackexchange.com/questions/1/should-we-migrate-by-hand-good-but-not-research-level-questions-from-mathoverflo As you can see, the link is rendered as bare url. If I use the new URL, then it is rendered as a title: Should we migrate by hand good-but-not-research level questions from MathOverflow?
The problem I see with this is that when any old post including an url was made, the link (with old url) was rendered as a title. (I believe this worked not only for meta, but also for the main site. And perhaps also for other sites I am not entirely sure.) It is not ideal that changes on the meta site also changed how older posts are rendered.
- Is this still in process of being fixed? (Is this only temporary, until community bot finishes editing all links?) If yes, where can I find more about the timeframe when this is supposed to be fixed?
- Why only some of the links to the meta posts in old format has been changed. (It is possible that this is still ongoing, but I am a bit suspicious after seeing that many such silent community user edits have been done on March 16.1)
- Are the remaining links starting with
http://meta.math.stackexchange.com/supposed to be edited manually if we want to render them correctly? (This makes sense at least for posts which are displayed often - just for the comfort of the readers. Leaving a link in some post which is no more relevant is probably not really a big deal. And of course, the links which use
[text](url)format - see editing help - do not cause any problem with rendering.)
- Is this problem for all per-site-metas or is it specific to some sites?
1Here I am referring specifically to replacing
When I check my responses tab I see many such edits on March 16. There are some other related actions on other days.
For example, I see changes from
https://math.stackexchange.com/ on April 13, some other SE sites on other dates.
- You can see in this question that a link to another meta post is rendered as a bare url. If you compare the version saved in Internet Archive in 2015 you can see that it was rendered as a title back then.
- This answer contains list of links to older meta discussions. Again, they are shown as urls, as Internet Archive version from 2015 shows, they used to be rendered as titles. You can also see that in a related answer the old urls has already been edited by the Community user and it is rendered correctly.