New year, new tag management thread.
Rules of the game are basically the same:
- Post your suggestion as an answer here if you see
- A particularly bad tag (a rule of thumb: «if I can't imagine a person classifying a tag as either interesting or ignored, I'm getting rid of it»),
- A tag that should be a synonym of an existing one,
- A tag that used for two or more completely unrelated things,
- A need to create a new tag;
- Upvote/downvote/comment as your agree/disagree with suggestions, so please post different suggestions in separate answers;
- Wait a couple of days before implementing a suggestion.
- After the problem described in an answer is resolved, please edit it to say so.
- If your tag suggestion exists in a separate question, please provide a link to the question in your suggestion.
- The list with pending and approved synonyms.
- The tagging chatroom for extended discussion on tagging.
- Last year's thread to look for suggestions that need to be implemented.
Also, note that one may use
[tag:calculus] for calculus, i.e. tags on the main site, and
[meta-tag:discussion] for discussion, i.e. for tags on the meta site.