When I was particularly active on meta, the topic of debate was about whether we should close low quality questions. If and when to delete questions didn't really come up.
I've recently gotten the impression the current state of affairs is that for low quality questions the aim is to proceed swiftly towards deletion. This has probably been true for a while but I've only recently paid enough attention to really notice.
My questions are:
- Is my impression accurate? That the goal now is deletion of low-quality questions?
- Are there any reasons a question should be closed without being deleted?
- I imagine "duplicate" and "other reasons" should be treated separately
- I imagine "very low-quality" and "other" should be treated separately
- If the answer to the above is "no", are we abandoning the "on hold" idea for waiting for the OP to improve the question?
- Is there something else I should have asked?