I think this tag should be renamed "gershgorin-sets".

According to Wikipedia, the correct spelling can be Geršgorin, Gerschgorin, Gerszgorin, Gershgorin, הירשהאָרן, Hirshhorn or Hirschhorn (Гершгорин, not listed, should also be considered). That does not include Gersgorin, without haček. The most common spelling in english (and the one used on Wikipedia) seems to me to be Gershgorin.

According to this, only moderators can do that, and it should be discussed on Meta, hence my question here.


  • 1
    $\begingroup$ That's the spelling (Gershgorin) I'm familiar with. $\endgroup$ – hardmath May 29 '18 at 4:36
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ I think Geršgorin is a russian, how come "Гершгорин" is not on the list??? $\endgroup$ – achille hui May 29 '18 at 10:07
  • $\begingroup$ @achillehui Perfectly right! $\endgroup$ – Jean-Claude Arbaut May 29 '18 at 11:06
  • 3
    $\begingroup$ I agree. If noone objects I'll implement it soon. Ping me if I forget. $\endgroup$ – quid May 29 '18 at 15:05

It is done. I even resisted the temptation to translate the name and call it .


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .