There is a moderator election about to happen; we shall elect two new moderators that will reinforce the team.
The procedure dictates that candidates self-nominate (this is not yet possible). However, experience has shown that some external encouragement can be useful, whence this thread.
- Don't nominate Asaf Karagila.1
- One nomination per answer.
- In case there could be confusion, link to the profile.
- Try to give some details, don't only post a name.
- Even if you do not like some nominee, try to show restraint about it. Critical points can be raised. But this is not a thread to "grill" potential candidates, before they even decided to run.
Note that this is not an official thread. Everybody that wants to be a candidate must go through the official process. "Accepting" or "declining" a nomination here, does not mean anything in the end.
1 The point is, don't nominate somebody that said they do not want to be nominated. If you want to approach them do so elsewhere.