In a comment to Henry's answer in a recent question I copied a link from Wikipedia directly from my browser window to the comments box. However, upon submitting the comment, the link was misinterpreted.
The original link was:
After some experimentation, I believe the error is due to the en-dash in Box–Muller being stripped out (or not being converted to a regular dash).
When I tried copying the link to other browsers on my machine, there was no problem.
This occurred in Mac OS X (10.6.8) with Firefox 6.0.2, but I doubt the problem is specific to either of these.
I realize this question/comment is not specific to math.SE, but it seems relevant to alert people here as I suspect that some links to math articles might be more susceptible to the bug mentioned above.
Addendum: As Asaf's comment has so aptly demonstrated, the problem occurred while using the
[title](link) syntax in the comments. For example, I used:
and this appears to have gotten translated upon comment submission to