What are the pros/cons of using two asterisks vs using mathjax when trying to italicize something in a question? Thanks in advance.
Drawbacks of using MathJaX I can figure are:
- Markdown doesn't take a menu to copy a phrase from.
- It might be confused for actual math content, on a math website.
- The word or phrase, won't necessarily be searchable, if the search engine it is searched for on, doesn't peek inside MathJaX markers.
- Putting a word on a new line takes no less effort
- It's MathJaX, not TextJaX so you have potential to look like a fool.
Pros of using MathJaX:
- Nobody of sane mind, will be willing to edit your words, quote you, or copy your work as is.
- You can add a reference handler to the word, for those that ignore it.
- You can create a post that eats up data, as it requires more processing.
- You can rotate it to make it even more noticable.
- You can add color, make it larger, and add Caligraphical fonts, and move it around the page to be a big fertilized lawn.