I just had this experience and was wondering if there is anything to be done about it:
- I see a question on the front page.
- Have (what I think is) a nice approach to it so spend 5-10 minutes writing it up
- Hit "Save" and be notified that the question has been deleted.
The question in question seems perfectly fine and appropriate for Math.SE, but I am a long way from having a high enough reputation to undelete. My questions/issues are:
- I think this is bad site etiquette. Is that accepted or am I way off?
- Does the poster (who seems a bit new here, 42 days) get any push back that this is a bit rude?
- I think I'm a solid mid-range participant here. I like reading other people's answers, and on the occasions when I do see one where I've got a good response I like sharing and working with the questioner. Things like this really make me less likely to go to the trouble of writing up answers. This might just be me, or it might not happen that often, but I do think it's bad for the site.