Often times a question comes along that I really want to know the answer to, but I can see that it has not received much attention yet. I can only place a bounty after some time has passed. Unfortunately, after 2 or 3 days, I often forget to return to the post and place the bounty. Can we implement a feature which alerts the user that a bounty can be placed? Something small like a "Reminder for bounty" bell which you click to be reminded via an inbox message or an email.
Will this help?
From Meta Stack Exchange
It will be shown for a question if all of the following criteria are true:
- The indicator is enabled for the site (enabled on all sites minus per-site metas, Meta Stack Exchange, and Stack Apps)
- You are viewing your own questions
- You have the privilege to vote down
- You do not have the privilege to cast close votes
- The question does not have an accepted answer
- The question is at least three days old and not more than 60 days old
- The question has at least one answer and is not closed
- The question does not have a currently active bounty and has not previously had a bounty