If I remember correctly I asked a question during spring 2020 about group theory or algebra and somebody wrote that they had an informal symbol for a generalized operation (I think it looked similar to the direct sum symbol). Now maybe I deleted the question but it could still be visible for an admin perhaps. Is it possible to find it again or to find which was the symbol that someone used for a generalized operation in group theory or algebra?

  • $\begingroup$ I think it's math.stackexchange.com/questions/1774061/… $\endgroup$ Commented Mar 8, 2022 at 5:43
  • 4
    $\begingroup$ ^^^ which is easy to find by searching, e.g. user:5602 is:question xyz for xyz = operator or symbol (you can also use me instead of your userid). $\endgroup$ Commented Mar 8, 2022 at 6:31
  • 3
    $\begingroup$ Or by typing rosencrantz operation site:math.stackexchange.com into Google. $\endgroup$ Commented Mar 8, 2022 at 11:36


You must log in to answer this question.