Why are people voting to close the meta thread "which other comments?"?
In this thread I am trying to
- ask about my own action on the site because it was said to be largely useless
- learn from that to improve
and people are voting to close it, presumably out of a grudge. Rather than assume that please explain why it is not appropriate on meta.
Here is my argument for why it is appropriate on meta.
- jericson told us not to continue discussing it on the main site so I moved it to meta.
- It is an attempt to improve the community (yes at the micro scale since it only directly applies to one person, that does not mean other people would not also benefit from it).
- There is no non-awkward facility to initiate conversation "behind the scenes" and it makes no sense to try and move to e.g. email because the other party may not want to and does not seem in the spirit of the site anyway.
- If you are not allowed to use meta to discuss possible problems that come up on the site (such as this) then peoples behavior will most likely just get worse and worse until more people are banned.
- This is what meta is for: That thread is definitely a meta-discussion and it does not cost anyone lots of money or waste 'space' or anything (since all this information is digital) so there can be no argument against it in that vein.
For these reasons I find it very odd that there are 3 votes to close it and I would very much appreciate the three people that took the time to decide to vote to close it to explain why. I also welcome any other input and discussion on this topic.