I have noticed on another SE site that they have put a reminder about correctly using one of their tags, which was not entirely clear.
I do not whether it is possible to link to the community bulletin or how to do it, so I'll post a screenshot:
It was linked to the list of questions with the given tag, which shows the tag-excerpt on the top of the site.
From what I read on meta.SO it seems that mods have possibility to add events to the Community Bulletin. (I suppose that most of the content of C.B. is created automatically, without any human interaction.)
I was wondering whether something like that would be useful on our site too. In connection with tagging, during the algebra tag clean-up, some reminder could have been there. (But something like that is no longer needed, since we do not have algebra tag now.) Anyway I can imagine that it could be useful to remind the users that:
- The tag homework should not be used as the only tag on a questions (perhaps with the link to meta thread about this).
- The tag differential-equations is for ordinary differential equations, for partial differential equations pde could be used.
- This does not have to be only about tagging, I guess that several of our comment templates could be shortened to make a reminder about some useful thing.
So I would like to ask the following:
- Do you think it would be a good idea to use Community Bulletin in this way?
- If someone has an idea about something that could be put on the bulletin, where can such ideas be proposed?