"The only way to learn mathematics is to do mathematics." Paul R. Halmos.
On a scale from $1$ to $10$, with $1$ being the worst and $10$ being the best, I'm about $-i$.
I'm a postgraduate research student in combinatorial group theory at the University of Essex and I absolutely LOVE Mathematics. My supervisor is Prof. Gerald Williams.
I was a graduate teaching assistant (GTA) in real analysis during the Autumn term of 2018. (My name is in the complete notes for the module as such (but they're only available to students) and my profile on the Essex website used to list GTA as one of my rôles in the department (but currently doesn't give my specific modules, past or present)).
You can find a copy of my award-winning MMath dissertation on inverse semigroups and inductive groupoids here. My supervisor was Prof. Victoria Gould at The University of York.
For my use:
[Here's a MathJax tutorial](http://meta.math.stackexchange.com/questions/5020/mathjax-basic-tutorial-and-quick-reference) :)
[Here's how to ask a good question](https://math.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/9959/how-to-ask-a-good-question) :)
Tableaux generator: https://www.umsu.de/trees/.
On Mathematics Stack Exchange on 28/10/2014:
and I don't have much to show for it!
On Mathematics Stack Exchange on 16/01/2015:
and most of them were because people didn't provide any context with their questions.
On Mathematics Stack Exchange on 27/11/2018:
(The stats are all divisible by $11$.)
Here's an idea for a future question of mine. This link is so I can find it again.
This answers the question above.
I once mistook involutions for idempotents. See the fifth revision of this answer. Oh, the shame!
Member for 7 years, 7 months
124 profile views
Last seen Jun 17 at 21:59
- Mathematics 30.5k 30.5k 1414 gold badges5252 silver badges144144 bronze badges
- Academia 517 517 11 gold badge66 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 459 459 33 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 213 213 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 163 163 55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 206 Is this really a categorical approach to integration?
- 38 Mathematics Stack Exchange as an indicator for academic career
- 38 Fractional Calculus: Motivation and Foundations.
- 36 Category Theory and Lebesgue Integration.
- 33 How to develop patience in mathematics?
- 33 The Complexity of "The Baby Shark Song".
- 32 Murder at Hilbert's Hotel!
- View more network posts →