Lutz Lehmann, Dr. math., living in Berlin, Germany
I once was interested in discrete orthogonal wavelet transforms, constructing examples of symmetric 4-channel transforms and more exotic variants in 3, 5, 7, 8 channels using algebraic geometry with an elimination type algorithm (Kronecker in CAS Magma, research group OpTERA).
Nowadays my interest is in numerical algorithms, specifically for differential equations, the history of mathematics and science.
Member for 6 years, 7 months
13 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- Mathematics 85.1k 85.1k 55 gold badges2525 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 18.2k 18.2k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Computational Science 1.2k 1.2k 66 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Signal Processing 987 987 44 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Code Review 156 156 44 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 27 Can an infinite sum of irrational numbers be rational?
- 21 Math Olympiad Algebra Question
- 21 Showing that the exponential expression $e^x (x-1) + 1$ is positive
- 18 iOS : Inverse Cosine
- 16 How To Solve a Trigonometric Differential Equation
- 15 Can the integral of a function be larger than function itself?
- View more network posts →