Brian M. Scott
Professor emeritus at Cleveland State University. I’m a set-theoretic and general topologist with an interest in combinatorics. I’m also interested in linguistics, especially historical linguistics.
Cleveland Heights, OH
Member for 9 years, 11 months
3,363 profile views
Last seen Apr 30 at 22:15
- Mathematics 569.8k 569.8k 4949 gold badges657657 silver badges10851085 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 2.6k 2.6k 1414 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Academia 209 209 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- Linguistics 101 101 11 bronze badge
- German Language 101 101 11 bronze badge
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 854 Does $\pi$ contain all possible number combinations?
- 405 Find five positive integers whose reciprocals sum to $1$
- 208 Are half of all numbers odd?
- 186 If $x$, $y$, $x+y$, and $x-y$ are prime numbers, what is their sum?
- 158 Any open subset of $\Bbb R$ is a countable union of disjoint open intervals
- 120 Intuition on group homomorphisms
- 113 How to respond to "solve this equation" in a basic algebra class
- View more network posts →