Dave L. Renfro
Primary Mathematical Interests:
Study and use of negligible sets, especially involving porosity notions and fractal dimension notions.
Application and refinements of the Baire category method for proving existence.
Classical point set theory and real function theory.
History of nowhere differentiable continuous functions and history of the topics above.
My email address has the form "firstname period lastname at YAHOO period COM".
Iowa City, IA, USA
Member for 8 years, 5 months
43 profile views
Last seen Nov 27 at 16:58
- Mathematics 27k 27k 33 gold badges4242 silver badges8585 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 4.1k 4.1k 1010 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Academia 2.3k 2.3k 22 gold badges88 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 2k 2k 1717 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 1.8k 1.8k 99 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 198 How discontinuous can a derivative be?
- 188 Has anyone, based on great performance, ever been awarded a higher degree than the one they enrolled for?
- 59 Integers $n$ such that $i(i+1)(i+2) \cdots (i+n)$ is real or pure imaginary
- 42 How to show this formula to get a square root of a number in "just few seconds" is true?
- 39 High-level linear algebra book
- 38 How many times do you have to use L'Hôpital's rule?
- 33 Visualizing the factorial
- View more network posts →