I'm retired after a career as a physicist, first as an experimentalist in low-energy nuclear physics and then for 25 years at Fullerton College, a community college in Southern California. I have an undergrad degree from Berkeley in math and physics and a PhD in physics from Yale. I'm a free-information and open-source enthusiast, and I've written a series of math and physics textbooks, which are on my web site. The URLs of my web site and github page are lited next to the icons on the right. As of August 2021, I'm working on learning enough Greek to read Homer, as well as fawning over my dogs and going running and rock climbing as often as possible.
- The Great Outdoors 26.4k 26.4k 33 gold badges8383 silver badges152152 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 19.4k 19.4k 4848 silver badges9191 bronze badges
- Mathematics 7.5k 7.5k 3333 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 4.1k 4.1k 2222 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 4k 4k 1818 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 166 Coworkers accusing me of "cheating" for working more efficiently
- 95 Trumpeting while backpacking?
- 94 Defining a manifold without reference to the reals
- 73 Why is learning mathematics compulsory?
- 65 Could PI have a different value in a different universe?
- 63 Is it feasible to use a shovel to even out a camping spot?
- 61 How do you handle an interview for a candidate who is performing poorly?
- View more network posts →