I have been a professor of Statistics at Université Paris Dauphine (PSL), Paris, France, since 2000, and at University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom, since 2013, a researcher at CREST, Paris-Saclay University, and a senior member of the Institut Universitaire de France (IUF), focussing on Bayesian statistics, numerical probability applied to simulation methods, and statistical inference with an interest mostly in genetics and astronomy applications, plus, on the nonacademic side, a definitely unhealthy (but so far not fatal) fascination for mountains and (easy) climbing, an almost-sure daily run, and a reading list mainly centred at fantasy books… Plus in taking pictures of about anything appealing to be taken. Hence the categories on a blog I maintain since 2008...
0 credit answers:
- Exponential Reestimation Formula in EM Algorithm
- Cramér-Rao lower bound with an uncertain observable
- How to fit a mixture of a normal and a half normal distribution?
- how to generate specific random covariance matrices?
- Monte Carlo integration and mixture distribution
- How to sample a total variation prior?
- Conditional distributions derivation
Warning: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made though the links I make to books on that platform.
- Cross Validated 87.4k 87.4k 99 gold badges147147 silver badges561561 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 766 766 1212 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Code Golf 710 710 33 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Mathematics 599 599 88 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Academia 278 278 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 112 What is an "uninformative prior"? Can we ever have one with truly no information?
- 57 What is the difference between Metropolis-Hastings, Gibbs, Importance, and Rejection sampling?
- 54 Why is the mean of the natural log of a uniform distribution (between 0 and 1) different from the natural log of 0.5?
- 49 Finding a way to simulate random numbers for this distribution
- 45 Are bayesians slaves of the likelihood function?
- 45 Generating random numbers manually
- 45 Differences between Bhattacharyya distance and KL divergence
- View more network posts →