I am a data scientist building statistical / machine learning models with social media data at Brandwatch .
Formerly: I got a PhD in math at Penn State in operator algebras; my thesis involved applications of K-theory for operator algebras to geometry and topology. I spent 3 years as a postdoc at Columbia University.
I have a math blog , but I don't write for it nearly often enough.
- MathOverflow 25.1k 25.1k 1313 gold badges103103 silver badges182182 bronze badges
- Mathematics 7.8k 7.8k 2323 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.1k 1.1k 88 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 1k 1k 77 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 626 626 11 gold badge55 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 221 John Nash's Mathematical Legacy
- 191 Why worry about the axiom of choice?
- 122 Why should one still teach Riemann integration?
- 111 Is there an underlying explanation for the magical powers of the Schwarzian derivative?
- 107 Quick proofs of hard theorems
- 88 Is there an analogue of curvature in algebraic geometry?
- 67 Replication crisis in mathematics
- View more network posts →