I'm a retired programmer, computer architect, and long time contributor to USENET, especially comp.lang.java.programmer.
I'm now learning web application writing for fun, so I expect to need a lot of answers. I'll try to contribute as well.
San Diego, CA
Member for 6 years, 1 month
10 profile views
Last seen Feb 2 '15 at 20:17
- Academia 30.7k 30.7k 1414 gold badges5555 silver badges9494 bronze badges
- The Workplace 28k 28k 66 gold badges5757 silver badges9595 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 24.3k 24.3k 22 gold badges3333 silver badges6565 bronze badges
- Travel 11.7k 11.7k 33 gold badges3333 silver badges5959 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 3.1k 3.1k 88 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 404 Is 8:00 AM an unreasonable time to meet with my graduate students and post-doc?
- 314 Did I overreact to my boss asking me to get him coffee?
- 274 How to prevent students from using modified calculators to cheat on exams?
- 179 A student keeps using a native language while asking questions in the class when the course is taught in English
- 168 Upset by male classmates openly comparing female students according to physical appearance
- 159 How can I deal with managers that refuse to accept use of common software engineering design patterns?
- 158 Professor expects me to attend a conference. I can't afford to go,even with 50% funding
- View more network posts →