Symmetrical equations are good in their place, but 'vector' is a useless survival, or offshoot from quaternions, and has never been of the slightest use to any creature.
Lord Kelvin in a letter to G.F. FitzGerald, 1896
Member for 6 years, 11 months
7 profile views
Last seen 5 hours ago
Top network posts
- 56 What knot is this?
- 38 Is this function nowhere analytic?
- 36 Function that is the sum of all of its derivatives
- 19 Show that an open linear map between normed spaces is surjective.
- 18 When is the image of a proper map closed?
- 17 Do there exist numbers normal in every base except for one?
- 14 Can (linear) differential equations of infinite order be recast into equations of first order?
- View more network posts →