Member for 7 years, 4 months
Embedded Processor Wizard, well seasoned and steeped in the MIT Media Lab culture of building cool things.
For the last several decades, I've thrived on cramming lots of functionality into tiny processors. One of my specialities is exploiting the properties of single chip devices (e.g. GPIO ports, PWM timers, etc) to create robust designs with minimal parts count.
My first startup, Ember Corporation (bought by Silicon Labs) ushered in the Internet of Things by releasing the first microcontrollers with embedded wireless mesh networking. Long before Ember, I made 6502, Z80 and PIC processors jump through hoops to control laser printers, environmental sensors, audio devices, lighting systems and electronic whoopee cushions.
More recently, I've been working with RPi, various Arduino (including Intel Arduino 101), Freescale/NXP KL2xx, and I look forward creating new things on the ESP32, GR8, AM335x and/or nRF52 family of processors.
- Stack Overflow 30.5k 30.5k 2222 gold badges119119 silver badges199199 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 825 825 11 gold badge66 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi 513 513 11 gold badge44 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 479 479 44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Ask Different 213 213 11 silver badge1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 642 Is it possible to insert multiple rows at a time in an SQLite database?
- 155 Rails 2.3-style plugins and deprecation warnings running task in Heroku
- 103 How can I clear previous output in Terminal in Mac OS X?
- 96 Delayed Job not processed in rspec
- 77 How do I check if a class is defined?
- 77 how to handle exceptions in JSON based RESTful code?
- 76 How can I capture STDOUT to a string?
- View more network posts →