Embedded Processor Wizard, well seasoned and steeped in the MIT Media Lab culture of building cool things.
For the last several decades, I've thrived on cramming lots of functionality into tiny processors. One of my specialities is exploiting the properties of single chip devices (e.g. GPIO ports, PWM timers, etc) to create robust designs with minimal parts count.
My first startup, Ember Corporation (bought by Silicon Labs) ushered in the Internet of Things by releasing the first microcontrollers with embedded wireless mesh networking. Long before Ember, I made 6502, Z80 and PIC processors jump through hoops to control laser printers, environmental sensors, audio devices, lighting systems and electronic whoopee cushions.
More recently, I've been working with RPi, various Arduino (including Intel Arduino 101), Freescale/NXP KL2xx, and I look forward creating new things on the ESP32, GR8, AM335x and/or nRF52 family of processors.
Member for 5 years, 2 months
11 profile views
Last seen May 25 '16 at 16:37
- Stack Overflow 21.8k 21.8k 1616 gold badges9898 silver badges162162 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi 363 363 11 gold badge33 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 360 360 11 gold badge33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Ask Different 168 168 88 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 151 151 66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 587 Is it possible to insert multiple rows at a time in an SQLite database?
- 155 Rails 2.3-style plugins and deprecation warnings running task in Heroku
- 93 Delayed Job not processed in rspec
- 75 how to handle exceptions in JSON based RESTful code?
- 72 How to clear previous output in Terminal in Mac OS X?
- 69 How do I check if a class is defined?
- 64 Rails 4: disable Turbolinks in a specific page
- View more network posts →