Hi there! I'm HDE, a PhD student in astronomy. I work on pulsar timing, focusing on detecting gravitational waves and looking at weird pulse profiles. I also enjoy long-distance running, crosswords, hot chocolate and a good book, though usually not all at once.
I'm an elected moderator on Worldbuilding, and a pro-tem mod on History of Science & Mathematics, Mythology, and Astronomy. In bygone days, I moderated Interpersonal Skills.
He/him pronouns, please.
- Worldbuilding♦ 95.2k 95.2k 2424 gold badges286286 silver badges517517 bronze badges
- Astronomy♦ 32.8k 32.8k 33 gold badges108108 silver badges186186 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 30.7k 30.7k 1313 gold badges7474 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- Skeptics 11.1k 11.1k 55 gold badges6060 silver badges6565 bronze badges
- Physics 10.2k 10.2k 55 gold badges3737 silver badges6767 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 288 Thank you, Robert Cartaino
- 162 How to tell an overweight person that the hike will be too hard?
- 155 After the recent CM departures, are there plans to shut down network sites or Area 51?
- 128 Did a computer error lead to 6,000 votes switching from Joe Biden to President Trump?
- 128 Did Trump himself order the National Guard to clear out protesters (who sided with him) on the Capitol on Jan 6?
- 124 Is phosphine evidence of life on Venus?
- 123 Toward a philosophy of Chat
- View more network posts →