Manager and technical lead for two key teams at Mendeley:
The Catalogue team, which produces a crowd-sourced catalogue of all publications uploaded into Mendeley, by means of clustering and classification jobs written and maintained by the Catalogue team in Scala and Spark, and run on EMR. I provide technical leadership for the team, make high-level architectural decisions, and direct and manage the workload. I am also responsible for hiring and for line management.
The Core Reference Management (CRM) team. The CRM team develops and maintains RESTful web services to control uploading/downloading of files, synchronisation across multiple devices, search of user documents, and annotating PDFs. I am responsible for setting the team direction, managing the workload, providing technical oversight, line managing the team members, and hiring for new roles and vacancies.
Guildford, United Kingdom
Member for 5 years, 10 months
3 profile views
Last seen Jun 16 '15 at 8:22
- Stack Overflow 19.3k 19.3k 33 gold badges3232 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 2.9k 2.9k 55 gold badges2020 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Mathematics 680 680 33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Database Administrators 253 253 11 gold badge22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi 121 121 33 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 56 When is my son's first birthday?
- 49 Fastest way to sum integers in text file
- 44 Difference between SparseArray Vs ArrayList?
- 41 Hibernate Annotations : No default constructor for entity
- 36 Why doesn't Java have true multidimensional arrays?
- 30 Why did English change so much between Chaucer and Shakespeare?
- 29 Why is the max recursion depth I can reach non-deterministic?
- View more network posts →