Faculty member in the School of Mathematical Sciences at the Rochester Institute of Technology, where I teach classes ranging from College Algebra up through a brief introduction to Differential Equations.
I am a fan of Standards-Based Grading, Gamification, the flipped classroom model and other such ideas. That said, I'm not a huge fan of technology in the classroom for various reasons.
I've been involved for the past 8 years with a textbook writing project in Freshman Calculus. My personal mathematical/scholarly interests tend to coalesce around agent-based modeling, emergent behavior, and mathematical modeling in general.
- TeX - LaTeX 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Christianity 895 895 88 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 473 473 11 gold badge44 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Parenting 422 422 33 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Mathematics 153 153 55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 43 Understanding the Log file
- 19 Selecting random elements from a comma separated list
- 16 According to the LDS Church (Mormons), what role do secret handshakes and passwords play into a person's entrance into heaven?
- 15 How do Mormons interpret the warning in Revelation about adding to the book?
- 13 In LDS (Mormon) theology, what is the Aaronic Priesthood and to whom is it conferred?
- 13 When did we start talking about "going viral"?
- 12 Accessing randomly selected problems via the probsoln package
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.