I received my Ph.D in mathematics from Ohio State in 1994 under the direction of Gerald Edgar and have been a professor of mathematics at The University of North Carolina - Asheville since 1997. My scholarly interests include fractal geometry, discrete dynamics, and computer graphics to illustrate those topics. I've also worked sporadically over the years as a part-time consultant to Wolfram Research, though not currently.
Member for 8 years, 3 months
293 profile views
Last seen Mar 31 at 8:35
- Mathematica 30.6k 30.6k 33 gold badges9393 silver badges154154 bronze badges
- Mathematics 25.4k 25.4k 33 gold badges4747 silver badges7979 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 4k 4k 1616 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 1.7k 1.7k 88 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 350 350 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 80 Are these 2 graphs isomorphic?
- 67 Möbius transformations revealed
- 60 Numerically solving Helmholtz equation in 2D for arbitrary shapes
- 60 Interesting and unexpected applications of $\pi$
- 59 Is "A New Kind of Science" a new kind of science?
- 59 How to make a 3D globe?
- 53 Does this Fractal Have a Name?
- View more network posts →