I received my Ph.D in mathematics from Ohio State in 1994 under the direction of Gerald Edgar and have been a professor of mathematics at The University of North Carolina - Asheville since 1997. My scholarly interests include fractal geometry, discrete dynamics, and computer graphics to illustrate those topics. I've also worked sporadically over the years as a part-time consultant to Wolfram Research, though not currently.
Member for 7 years, 10 months
280 profile views
Last seen Oct 8 at 9:19
- Mathematica 29.8k 29.8k 33 gold badges9191 silver badges153153 bronze badges
- Mathematics 24.5k 24.5k 33 gold badges4545 silver badges7676 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 3.9k 3.9k 1616 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 1.7k 1.7k 77 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 350 350 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 78 Are these 2 graphs isomorphic?
- 76 Can Mathematica do symbolic linear algebra?
- 66 Möbius transformations revealed
- 60 Numerically solving Helmholtz equation in 2D for arbitrary shapes
- 59 Is "A New Kind of Science" a new kind of science?
- 55 How to make a 3D globe?
- 54 Interesting and unexpected applications of $\pi$
- View more network posts →