I'm a sad, crusty old git who used to be good at maths, and also never had any other idea of what to do with my life. In spite of that apparent sense of dedication, I lost my way, a long time ago. I wish I could find that 'way' again, but my wish raises a puzzling question which, although it is surely 'objective' in some sense, seems impossible to formulate in Mathematics SE, or anywhere else (except possibly Mathematics Educators SE, but I haven't even thought of a sensible way to ask it there yet).
23 Railway Cuttings, East Cheam
Member for 4 years, 1 month
56 profile views
Last seen yesterday
Top Network Posts
- 25 Does the square or the circle have the greater perimeter? A surprisingly hard problem for high schoolers
- 17 What is the name for the shape formed by removing a square from the corner of a larger square?
- 12 Compare $\arcsin (1)$ and $\tan (1)$
- 10 What do people mean by "finite"?
- 10 Why might Dieudonne have been "begging the question" by appealing to second-order Peano Axioms?
- 10 A truly amazing way of making the number 2016
- 8 Impossibility of ordering the complex numbers
- View more network posts →