I'm a sad, crusty old git who used to be good at maths, and also never had any other idea of what to do with my life. In spite of that apparent sense of dedication, I lost my way, a long time ago. I wish I could find that 'way' again, but my wish raises a puzzling question which, although it is surely 'objective' in some sense, seems impossible to formulate in Mathematics SE, or anywhere else (except possibly Mathematics Educators SE, but I haven't even thought of a sensible way to ask it there yet).
Top Network Posts
- 25Does the square or the circle have the greater perimeter? A surprisingly hard problem for high schoolers
- 17What is the name for the shape formed by removing a square from the corner of a larger square?
- 10A truly amazing way of making the number 2016
- 10What do people mean by "finite"?
- 10Why might Dieudonne have been "begging the question" by appealing to second-order Peano Axioms?
- 8Impossibility of ordering the complex numbers
- 8Compare $\arcsin (1)$ and $\tan (1)$
- View more network posts →