Security professional with many years of experience with the practical application of cryptographic algorithms and protocols. I've helped with the design of protocols and API's within international standardization bodies. Over 30 years of general experience with computers, starting with MSX Basic at an early age. I've developed in Java for as long as the language exists (Kotlin is looking good too). I consider myself a polyglot though, and have learned many computer languages since my Computer Science study.
On the Crypto site I pride myself in giving easy to understand answers on questions relatively low on math. I'll never match the mathematical prowess of some of my peers, but a more practical answer is often called for. And as my picture indicates there isn't that much that escapes my attention. This also results in a relatively high amount of comments and edits. As of 2018 I got elected as moderator on the crypto site - which mainly means I have to keep re-evaluating myself, especially when it comes to closing questions.
My picture displays an owl behind a keyboard, staring through the screen at you. The owl probably is an eagle owl or little owl - depending on his mood. I can get a bit snarky when I'm confronted by somebody acting non-professionally.
In my head
Member for 5 years, 4 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jul 10 at 23:05
- Stack Overflow 75.4k 75.4k 1212 gold badges112112 silver badges210210 bronze badges
- Cryptography♦ 72.3k 72.3k 1010 gold badges111111 silver badges242242 bronze badges
- Information Security 4.1k 4.1k 1313 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Code Review 3.3k 3.3k 1010 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Super User 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge88 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 104 What is the difference between PKCS#5 padding and PKCS#7 padding
- 95 What is the difference between .pem , .csr , .key and .crt?
- 83 What is the difference between PKCS#5 padding and PKCS#7 padding
- 80 View past notifications
- 78 What are the differences between .pem, .cer and .der?
- 69 Byte and char conversion in Java
- 68 Are one-time pads crackable in theory?
- View more network posts →