Ex-graduate student. I apologize in advance for some of my old writing.
Oakland, California, USA
Member for 9 years, 3 months
5,133 profile views
Last seen Oct 4 at 8:50
- Mathematics 291.1k 291.1k 3434 gold badges625625 silver badges965965 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 79.6k 79.6k 2929 gold badges332332 silver badges616616 bronze badges
- Physics 888 888 77 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 483 483 11 gold badge55 silver badges77 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 469 469 11 gold badge44 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 481 Mathematical difference between white and black notes in a piano
- 455 Does Pi contain all possible number combinations?
- 254 Intuition for the definition of the Gamma function?
- 243 V.I. Arnold says Russian students can't solve this problem, but American students can -- why?
- 217 Examples of common false beliefs in mathematics
- 179 Proof that $C\exp(x)$ is the only set of functions for which $f(x) = f'(x)$
- 172 What are your favorite instructional counterexamples?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (77)
173 I am resigning as moderator Apr 29 '13
84 Downvoted by another user for the wrong reasons. Feb 28 '11
57 Congratulations, Qiaochu! Nov 10 '12