Ex-graduate student. I apologize in advance for some of my old writing.
Oakland, California, USA
Member for 9 years, 6 months
5,214 profile views
Last seen Oct 4 '19 at 8:50
- Mathematics 300.7k 300.7k 3535 gold badges633633 silver badges975975 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 93.7k 93.7k 2929 gold badges334334 silver badges621621 bronze badges
- Physics 1.1k 1.1k 88 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 863 863 11 gold badge77 silver badges77 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 829 829 11 gold badge66 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 487 Mathematical difference between white and black notes in a piano
- 461 Does Pi contain all possible number combinations?
- 261 Intuition for the definition of the Gamma function?
- 244 V.I. Arnold says Russian students can't solve this problem, but American students can -- why?
- 219 Examples of common false beliefs in mathematics
- 185 Proof that $C\exp(x)$ is the only set of functions for which $f(x) = f'(x)$
- 175 What are your favorite instructional counterexamples?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (77)
174 I am resigning as moderator Apr 29 '13
84 Downvoted by another user for the wrong reasons. Feb 28 '11
57 Congratulations, Qiaochu! Nov 10 '12