Formerly staff specialist, composition systems, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI (retired 8 February 2019)
Formerly maintainer of AMS-LaTeX, AMS-TeX, and AMSFonts bug/request lists, at firstname.lastname@example.org (use that address for reporting bugs in AMS document classes)
TeX Users Group, founding board member; editor, TUGboat
former TeX entomologist (bug collector) for Donald Knuth's Computers & Typesetting, until 31 December 2014
formerly symbol collector for the STIX project, and conduit to Unicode for math symbols. I retain some connections to Unicode committee contacts, and can still offer some assistance.
NOTE: answers to questions prior to 8 February 2019 are posted in lowercase unless i was answering in an official capacity for my employer. The reasons are given in the last item in an interview on the TeX Users Group web site.
Providence, RI, USA
Member for 4 years, 7 months
0 profile views
Last seen Aug 12 '18 at 15:12
- TeX - LaTeX 74.3k 74.3k 1111 gold badges175175 silver badges412412 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 2.7k 2.7k 1515 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.3k 1.3k 77 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Area 51 304 304 66 bronze badges
- Mathematics 131 131 44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 136 No hyphen for a word
- 117 \dots versus \ldots - is there a difference?
- 109 LaTeX vs Word; improvements of LaTeX over the years
- 94 Typesetting before TeX and computers?
- 89 We're testing advertisements across the network
- 76 How can I set the page number to any needed value?
- 73 Non italic text in theorems, definitions, examples
- View more network posts →