I hold a 5-year degree in "Business Management and Administration" (completed in 1999) and a 3-year degree in "Computer Science" (completed in 2016).
Nowadays, professionally I'm mainly:
- a Linux server admin (mostly SUSE - openSUSE and SLES - and some Red Hat - RHEL) of Testing, Development and Production servers (both physical servers and virtual machines - usually VMware)
- ...and an admin of VMware vSphere ESXi/vCenter Server clusters. So, I work regularly with VMware products, namely vSphere (began on ESX 4.0, now on ESXi 6.0 and vCenter Server 6.0).
My laptop and netbook also run Linux (namely Ubuntu).
The coding that I do is mostly in Perl and "shell scripts" (for the "bash" shell) for automating system administration tasks in Linux servers. In "previous lives", I coded web applications in PHP for LAMP based projects and also in ASP ("Active Server Pages"), both "classic ASP" - ASP + VBScript - and ASP.Net - using C#
Some of my Certifications:
- RHCE - "Red Hat Certified Engineer" (valid, but no longer current since December 2017)
- SCE - "SUSE Certified Engineer" in Enterprise Linux 12
- LFCE - "Linux Foundation Certified Engineer"
- RHCSA - "Red Hat Certified System Administrator" (valid, but no longer current since December 2017)
- LFCS - "Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator"
- VCP - "VMware Certified Professional" ("VCP4-DCV", "VCP5-DCV" and "VCP6-DCV")
- MCP - "Microsoft Certified Professional"
Top Network Posts
- 62 Word for song sung at a burial?
- 34 Defining new shortcuts in TexStudio
- 14 How can I get the 2012 April Fool's joke to appear?
- 11 Is "wait &" ("wait ampersand") a useful (bash) shell / shell script idiom or technique?
- 11 How to zip files with a size limit?
- 8 Forward a meeting request as a plain email message in Outlook 2010
- 8 "SSL Protocol Error" in Chromium for several Google web sites after installing Ubuntu Security Updates for libnss3
- View more network posts →