Member for 11 years, 2 months
I am a professor of mathematics at the University of Georgia.
NOTE: In Spring 2015 my department adjusted the mechanics of its webpage, which broke a lot of my links. For now, if you see a broken link like http://www.math.uga.edu/~pete/inversemw.pdf, try changing it to http://alpha.math.uga.edu/~pete/inversemw.pdf. It should fix the problem.
- Academia 125.4k 125.4k 2424 gold badges343343 silver badges505505 bronze badges
- Mathematics 91.2k 91.2k 1010 gold badges196196 silver badges340340 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 61.6k 61.6k 99 gold badges218218 silver badges364364 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 1.2k 1.2k 77 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 413 413 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 353 Is doing two PhDs a good path?
- 343 I believe I have solved a famous open problem. How do I convince people in the field that I am not a crank?
- 271 Which journals publish expository work?
- 231 A published paper stole my unpublished results from a science fair
- 214 Is there an introduction to probability theory from a structuralist/categorical perspective?
- 175 Examples of common false beliefs in mathematics
- 156 Given a die, what is the probability that the second roll of a die will be less than the first roll?
- View more network posts →