Electrical engineer, (a little bit) petroleum engineer, software developer, mathematics enthusiast, movie addict.
Mathematics is an experimental science, and definitions do not come first, but later on. They make themselves, when the nature of the subject has developed itself. – Oliver Heaviside.
On another occasion he asked somewhat more defensively, "Shall I refuse my dinner because I do not fully understand the process of digestion?"
And I want to copy-paste this just because it looks cool:
Tehran, Tehran Province, Iran
Member for 4 years
11 profile views
Last seen Jan 20 at 14:13
- Mathematics 7.8k 7.8k 33 gold badges2020 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.2k 1.2k 1818 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 787 787 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Skeptics 627 627 11 gold badge66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Code Golf 509 509 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 163 How do we prove that something is unprovable?
- 95 Mathematical ideas that took long to define rigorously
- 64 We're testing advertisements across the network
- 56 Can there be an injective function whose derivative is equivalent to its inverse function?
- 33 What's new in higher dimensions?
- 33 Cut the gold chain
- 28 Does Barack Obama have an active quora profile?
- View more network posts →