I hold a PhD in mathematics and have done research in partial differential equations. I am a self-taught amateur programmer, although I mainly design programs for my own personal use, or to use for creating simulations and demonstrations for classes that I've taught.
I work with Java and Python mostly and Perl from time to time. I am interested in relational databases and applications of xml along with statistical and mathematical programming and graphing applications. As you can probably guess from my avatar, I also like fractals.
I have taught both mathematics and statistics at a college level.
Member for 3 years, 6 months
0 profile views
Last seen Apr 6 '18 at 8:04
Top network posts
- 28 Gnuplot: Shortest way to ignore first line in datafile
- 14 How to delete the very last character from every string in a list of strings
- 8 vertical lines from data in file in time series plot using gnuplot
- 7 Groovy optional parentheses and dots
- 7 Can not build javafx application under java 9 targeting java 8
- 7 On Java 9 why is the output from System.getenv() incomplete in jshell?
- 6 Is there any need for java's finalize method?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Jan 3 '16