"The task of the academic is not to scale great intellectual mountains, but to flatten them." - Conor McBride
I'm not an academic, but it is good advice regardless, and it does capture a perennial interest of mine of finding good languages and perspectives for making complicated things more manageable.
Top Network Posts
- 43What is a batch compiler?
- 31Do we have to prove how parentheses work in the Peano axioms?
- 30Why must a function with polymorphic type `forall t: Type, t->t` be the identity function?
- 27What is the etymology of <*> from Applicative in Haskell?
- 26Can an infected phone infect other computers in a network?
- 25Which way are downstream and upstream services?
- 23What do logicians mean by "type"?
- View more network posts →