I did a PhD in computational group theory at Birmingham (UK), finishing in 2005, where I calculated explicit representations of finite simple groups over Z and extensions of Q. Since then I have been gradually forgetting all the maths I learned.
I am currently software developer based in London, UK.
Member for 9 years
7 profile views
Last seen May 3 '16 at 12:39
- Stack Overflow 31.5k 31.5k 1818 gold badges8787 silver badges123123 bronze badges
- Mathematics 2.8k 2.8k 33 gold badges1818 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Area 51 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge2020 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 381 381 11 gold badge55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 249 249 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 369 What's the most efficient way to test two integer ranges for overlap?
- 277 How can you prove that a function has no closed form integral?
- 232 Why does Math.round(0.49999999999999994) return 1?
- 221 How do I prevent Eclipse from hanging on startup?
- 212 Is there a way to instantiate a class by name in Java?
- 162 Java's L number (long) specification
- 128 Why can't I assign a *Struct to an *Interface?
- View more network posts →