I did a PhD in computational group theory at Birmingham (UK), finishing in 2005, where I calculated explicit representations of finite simple groups over Z and extensions of Q. Since then I have been gradually forgetting all the maths I learned.
I am currently software developer based in London, UK.
Member for 10 years, 11 months
7 profile views
Last seen May 3 '16 at 12:39
- Stack Overflow 39k 39k 1818 gold badges9494 silver badges124124 bronze badges
- Mathematics 5.2k 5.2k 33 gold badges2020 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Area 51 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge2020 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 781 781 11 gold badge77 silver badges99 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 269 269 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 526 What's the most efficient way to test two integer ranges for overlap?
- 327 How can you prove that a function has no closed form integral?
- 266 Is there a way to instantiate a class by name in Java?
- 237 Why does Math.round(0.49999999999999994) return 1?
- 228 How do I prevent Eclipse from hanging on startup?
- 183 Java's L number (long) specification
- 150 Why can't I assign a *Struct to an *Interface?
- View more network posts →