I'm a mathematician working in computability theory a.k.a. recursion theory, a branch of mathematical logic studying what computers (aka Turing machines) could in principle compute. Or more accurately when does being given access to the solution of one kind of problem (aka an oracle) allow the computer to solve some other problem. Currently focused on research about the $\alpha$-REA degrees.
I'm also the maintainer of the rec-thy latex package designed to give a common set of basic commands for the working mathematician in computability theory.
Top network posts
- 16 What Does Rails Do With Both :dependent => :destroy and cascade delete/nullify/restrict
- 14 How can one's career as a reviewer be ended?
- 12 What's the difference between \ignorespaces and \ignorespacesafterend?
- 10 Placing equation number on left with reqno option in amsart document class
- 9 Why Does A Ramjet Produce Net Forward Thrust
- 7 If distant observers never see a black hole form in finite time how can the information paradox be a problem?
- 7 How does one cite a book series/sequence?
- View more network posts →