1000 answers and 20K points. Time to quit, again. (April 30th 2016)
One reason ... the people who think that this site's purpose is to build an archive of knowledge, and that giving the OP a useful answer is merely a "nice side-effect" of this process. I don't share that view.
Another reason ... the lecturings I have received about the nature of mathematics and society. And, worst of all, from graduate students, sometimes. I'm much too old to value the pontifications of folks with no real life experience outside of a classroom.
So, once again, I'm gone. 再见.
Member for 8 years, 6 months
234 profile views
Last seen Nov 10 at 4:11
- Mathematics 35k 35k 33 gold badges4444 silver badges9999 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 2.3k 2.3k 1313 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- The Workplace 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 629 629 11 gold badge55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 467 467 33 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 159 How do I sell out with abstract algebra?
- 128 How to stay relevant as programmer in long term
- 61 What is an example of real application of cubic equations?
- 54 How to identify surfaces of revolution
- 40 Distance/Similarity between two matrices
- 40 How do Americans refer to their non-metric system in everyday circumstances?
- 38 Intuition behind Matrix being invertible iff determinant is non-zero
- View more network posts →