1000 answers and 20K points. Time to quit, again. (April 30th 2016)
One reason ... the people who think that this site's purpose is to build an archive of knowledge, and that giving the OP a useful answer is merely a "nice side-effect" of this process. I don't share that view.
Another reason ... the lecturings I have received about the nature of mathematics and society. And, worst of all, from graduate students, sometimes. I'm much too old to value the pontifications of folks with no real life experience outside of a classroom.
So, once again, I'm gone. 再见.
Member for 8 years, 3 months
230 profile views
Last seen Apr 27 at 5:32
- Mathematics 34.6k 34.6k 33 gold badges4242 silver badges9393 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 2.2k 2.2k 1313 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 629 629 11 gold badge55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- The Workplace 581 581 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 467 467 33 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 157 How do I sell out with abstract algebra?
- 61 What is an example of real application of cubic equations?
- 54 How to identify surfaces of revolution
- 40 How do Americans refer to their non-metric system in everyday circumstances?
- 39 Distance/Similarity between two matrices
- 38 Intuition behind Matrix being invertible iff determinant is non-zero
- 28 Can someone identify this math font?
- View more network posts →