1000 answers and 20K points. Time to quit, again. (April 30th 2016)
One reason ... the people who think that this site's purpose is to build an archive of knowledge, and that giving the OP a useful answer is merely a "nice side-effect" of this process. I don't share that view.
Another reason ... the lecturings I have received about the nature of mathematics and society. And, worst of all, from graduate students, sometimes. I'm much too old to value the pontifications of folks with no real life experience outside of a classroom.
So, once again, I'm gone. 再见.
Member for 7 years, 8 months
223 profile views
Last seen Nov 24 '19 at 2:19
- Mathematics 33.8k 33.8k 33 gold badges3737 silver badges8989 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 2.2k 2.2k 1212 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 629 629 11 gold badge55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- The Workplace 581 581 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 467 467 22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 151 How do I sell out with abstract algebra?
- 60 What is an example of real application of cubic equations?
- 53 How to identify surfaces of revolution
- 40 How do Americans refer to their non-metric system in everyday circumstances?
- 36 Intuition behind Matrix being invertible iff determinant is non-zero
- 33 Distance/Similarity between two matrices
- 28 Can someone identify this math font?
- View more network posts →