1000 answers and 20K points. Time to quit, again. (April 30th 2016)
One reason ... the people who think that this site's purpose is to build an archive of knowledge, and that giving the OP a useful answer is merely a "nice side-effect" of this process. I don't share that view.
Another reason ... the lecturings I have received about the nature of mathematics and society. And, worst of all, from graduate students, sometimes. I'm much too old to value the pontifications of folks with no real life experience outside of a classroom.
So, once again, I'm gone. 再见.
- Mathematics 37.5k 37.5k 33 gold badges5050 silver badges103103 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 2.3k 2.3k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- The Workplace 1.4k 1.4k 11 gold badge66 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Academia 768 768 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 629 629 11 gold badge55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 168 How do I sell out with abstract algebra?
- 133 How to stay relevant as programmer in long term
- 61 What is an example of real application of cubic equations?
- 56 How to identify surfaces of revolution
- 48 Intuition behind Matrix being invertible iff determinant is non-zero
- 47 Distance/Similarity between two matrices
- 40 How do Americans refer to their non-metric system in everyday circumstances?
- View more network posts →