Hello! I like math, but do not know much of it yet :) I'm now a grad student at UMN studying Catalan combinatorics under Victor Reiner. On the interwebz I'm probably best known for a blog that I wrote for 3 years, which I am currently not updating (but am doing light maintenance on, now and then).
After 5 years of I am no longer interested in taking part in this website in any substantial way. I would like to say publicly and loudly that I have no ill will toward the site or any of its users. I have enjoyed my time here and I believe in the community's ability to grow itself into something even greater.
Actually I would like to say more: It's easy to forget when you're in the trenches that pretty much everyone wants this site to succeed. Pretty much everyone wants the absolute best for it. So if you find yourself getting annoyed with someone's politics, take a few minutes, remind yourself that they care as deeply as you do, and work toward a mutual understanding.
Member for 7 years
55 profile views
Last seen Feb 18 '18 at 20:50
Top network posts
- 38 Is it necessary for one to understand analysis?
- 31 Is there a way to get trig functions without a calculator?
- 27 Can a finite sum of square roots be an integer?
- 25 "Orientation" of $\zeta$ zeroes on the critical line.
- 22 Set builder notation, left or right of :| convention
- 20 What good is infinity?
- 19 Papers with unorthodox writing style
- View more network posts →