I'm an associate professor of mathematics at the University of Tennessee at Martin
My research interests include compact Riemannian manifolds with positive/non-negative sectional curvature, and, in particular, those with a "large" isometry group. I love working with compact Lie groups, especially homogeneous spaces and biquotients. Recently, my attention has turned to rational homotopy theory and double disk bundles.
At some point, I intend to learn some set theory.
Martin, TN, USA
Member for 10 years, 7 months
36 profile views
Last seen yesterday
Top network posts
- 364 Examples of common false beliefs in mathematics
- 144 A challenge by R. P. Feynman: give counter-intuitive theorems that can be translated into everyday language
- 129 Homotopy groups of Lie groups
- 105 Why can there be an infinite difference between two functions as x grows large, but a ratio of 1?
- 102 Is there an easy way to show which spheres can be Lie groups?
- 64 Why is $\omega$ the smallest $\infty$?
- 60 First-Order Logic vs. Second-Order Logic
- View more network posts →