You guys are doing maths; I'm doing something else. (So people keep telling me!)
I have no proper education in pure maths although I had a knack for it at school (a long time ago). I did some mathematical economics, econometric methods and the theory of statistics under Professor Pesaran and others at Cambridge University. (Most of which I've forgotten.)
Studying the Collatz conjecture is a hobby of mine. Apologies in advance for cranky questions - it is not intentional!
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Member for 2 years, 7 months
663 profile views
Last seen 31 mins ago
Top Network Posts
- 71 What makes cheese so effective at absorbing microwaves?
- 64 What's the meaning of the sign "Broken white line only marks the centre of the road"?
- 32 Simple theorems that are instances of deep mathematics
- 25 What's the closest approximation to $\pi$ using the digits $0-9$ only once?
- 20 Does multiplying all a number's roots together give a product of infinity?
- 15 Is "you know everything" the (using sentential logic) logical negation of "you know nothing"?
- 14 How to avoid mentioning the name of a character?
- View more network posts →